Frankie Narvaez vs. Johnny Bizzarro (2nd meeting)
1964-07-17 : Frankie Narvaez 136 lbs lost to Johnny Bizzarro 134½ lbs by UD in round 10 of 10
- Location: Madison Square Garden, New York, New York, USA
- Referee: Johnny LoBianco 3-7
- Judge: Frank Forbes 2-7
- Judge: Tony Castellano 4-5
"Johnny Bizzarro of Erie, Pa., won a unanimous 10 round decision over Frankie narvaez of New York in MSG Friday night. Narvaez not only lost the verdict but he was floored in the 9th round for a count of eight by a right to the chin. And he "slipped" to the canvas in the 3rd round shortly after his knees had been bent by a right uppercut to the jaw. Johnny was much more aggressive Friday night than in their June fight. Under the urgin of trainer Joe Polino, Johnny threw many more left hooks this time and was much more accurate with his right uppercuts." -United Press International
- Unofficial UPI scorecard - 5-4-1 Bizzarro
- Unofficial ringside poll of 14 boxing writers had 12 favoring Bizzarro, 1 scoring for Narvaez and 1 calling it a draw.
- World lightweight champion Carlos Ortiz and his manager Bill Daly, who were at ringside, announced that Bizzarro would receive the next title shot provide they could guarantee Ortiz $40,000.
- MSG matchmaker Teddy Brenner was also attempting to arrange a rubber match between Narvaez and Bizzarro for an August 21st date at the Garden.
Post fight comment
- "My associates and I have the $40,000 ready to put up. I want to promote the fight in Pittsburgh for the Dapper Dan Club there in late September or October. Otherwise in Erie in September." -Don Elbaum, Erie, Pa. promoter and adviser to Bizzarro