Difference between revisions of "Freddie Norwood vs. Juan Manuel Marquez"
|(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)|
Latest revision as of 16:20, 20 April 2012
1999-09-11 : Freddie Norwood 126 lbs beat Juan Manuel Marquez 125 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Joe Cortez
- Judge: Artur Ellensohn 117-112
- Judge: Stanley Christodoulou 115-111
- Judge: Duane Ford 114-112
- Marquez was dropped in the second round, while Norwood touched down in the ninth.
- Norwood received a cut from an accidental clash of heads in the fourth.
- Marquez landed 89 total punches in the bout, while Norwood landed 73.
- Harold Lederman of HBO scored the bout 115-111 in favor of Marquez, while Kevin Iole of the Las Vegas Review-Journal scored it 115-111 in favor of Norwood.