Revision as of 14:56, 4 February 2012 by Journeymen
Name: Gary Lee Merritt
Nationality: US American
Birthplace: Anderson, Indiana, USA
Residence: Muncie, Indiana, USA
Officiating Record: Judge
- Has worked title bouts for the IBF, WBC, WBA, IBA, IBC, NABF, USBA and NABC
- Raised in Middletown, Indiana. Now resides in Muncie, Indiana.
- Professional boxing judge since 1979.
- BS & MA degrees from Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana.
- As of April, 2007, he has judged 448 boxing cards in 25 states, Washington DC, Canada, England, Italy, Japan and China. Has judged world title bouts sanctioned by and number. IBF (26), WBC (2), WBA (1), IBA (30), IBC (5), WBF (2), WBC/WBA/IBF (2) and IBF/WBA (1) total of 69 world title fights. Also judged several regional title bouts.
- Some notable fights that he has judged include Haugen-Pazienza, Nunn-Toney, Toney-McCallum, Trinidad-Stephens, Morrison-Ruddock, Leija-Nelson, Vargas-Campas, Jones-Hall, Forrest-Mosley 2, Spadafora-Dorin & Judah-Spinks 2.