Genaro Hernandez vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Revision as of 14:16, 6 March 2008 by Emaster
1998-10-03 : Floyd Mayweather Jr 130 lbs beat Genaro Hernandez 130 lbs by RTD at 3:00 in round 8 of 12
- Location: Las Vegas Hilton, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Jay Nady
- Judge: Bob Logist 80-72
- Judge: Chuck Giampa 79-73
- Judge: Terry Smith 79-73
- World Boxing Council Super Featherweight Title (4th. defending of Hernandez)
- Time: 3:00
- Weights: 130 lbs (each)
- Data Boxing reported the blows as Mayweather 219/416 53%, Hernandez 83/356 23%. Mayweather led in controls 67 to 47.
- Mayweather becomes the first of the 1996 USA Olympians to become World champion by dominating Hernandez from the opening bell.
- Hernandez's corner decided to stop it after the 8th round.