Georgiy Ruslanovich Balakshin (Russian: Георгий Русланович Балакшин; born March 6, 1980 in Antonovka, near Nyurba, Sakha Republic) is a amateur boxer from Russia best known for winning the European title three times, and winning a bronze medal the 2008 Beijing Olympic games.
Balakshin won the gold medal 2002 and defended the crown at the 2004 European Amateur Boxing Championships in Pula. He participated in the 2004 Summer Olympics for Russia. There he was stopped in the quarterfinals of the Flyweight (51 kg) division by Cuba's eventual winner Yuriorkis Gamboa.
In 2005 he was part of the Russian team that won the 2005 Boxing World Cup. In 2006 he once again won the European title. At the World championships 2007 he beat Frenchman Jérôme Thomas but lost to eventual winner Rau'shee Warren.
2004 (as a flyweight)
- Defeated Bonyx Yusak Saweho (Indonesia) 26-19
- Defeated Mirzhan Rakhimzhanov (Kazakhstan) 29-20
- Lost to Yuriorkis Gamboa (Cuba) 18-26
2008 (as a flyweight)
- 1st round bye
- Defeated Mirat Sarsembayev (Kazakhstan) 12-4
- Defeated Jitender Kumar (India) 15-11
- Lost to Andry Laffita (Cuba) 8-9
World amateur championships results
2003 (as a flyweight)
- Defeated Akhil Kumar (India) 26-16
- Defeated Hermensen Ballo (Indonesia) 22-8
- Lost to Alexander Vladimirov (Bulgaria) 24-33
2005 (as a flyweight)
- Defeated Bradley Hore (Australia) 25-11
- Defeated Atagun Yalcinkaya (Turkey) 36-15
- Lost to Rau'shee Warren (United States) 21-31
2007 (as a flyweight)