Name: Willie Joyce
Birth Name: William Joyce
Birthplace: Georgia, USA
Died: 1996-12-05 (Age:79)
Hometown: Gary, Indiana, USA
Height: 5′ 6″ / 168cm
Boxing Record: click
Manager: Issy Kline
According to his death certificate in digital form on the Indiana, Death Certificates, 1899-2011 database on Ancestry.com, William Willie Joyce Jr. was born on September 2, 1917 in Statesburg, Georgia and died on December 5, 1996 in Gary, Indiana. He was divorced and worked as a custodian.
Willie Joyce was the brother of Gene Joyce & Jimmy Joyce. He was born in Georgia, attended Roosevelt High School in Gary, Indiana where he participated in track and basketball. He entered his first Golden Gloves
tournament in 1933.
- 1936 won the National AAU in the bantamweight division by decision vs. Clifford Red Elk and represented Chicago at the Intercity Golden Gloves Tournament vs. George Coyle.
- 1937 won the Chicago Golden Gloves Tournament of Champions in the featherweight division by decision over Clayton Johnson.
- 1937 representing Chicago won the Intercity Golden Gloves' championship in the featherweight division by decision vs. Jackie Donovan.
- May 28, 1937 as a member of the Chicago Golden Gloves Team representing the United States vs. Europe, he was awarded the verdict vs. Aleksander Polus of Poland at bantamweight.
- Won bouts with world champions Lew Jenkins, Leo Rodak, Henry Armstrong, Ike Williams, Chalky Wright and Jackie Wilson.
- Won the California State Lightweight Title over Ray Lunny.
| National AAU Bantamweight Champion
| Chicago Golden Gloves Tournament of Champions
| Intercity Golden Gloves