Israel Vazquez vs. Rafael Marquez (3rd meeting)
Revision as of 11:33, 3 February 2012 by Sweetscientist
2008-03-01 : Israel Vazquez 122 lbs beat Rafael Marquez 121½ lbs by SD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Home Depot Center, Carson, California, USA
- Referee: Pat Russell
- Judge: Max DeLuca 114-111
- Judge: James Jen Kin 113-112
- Judge: Tom Kaczmarek 111-114
- World Boxing Council Super Bantamweight Title (1st defense by Vázquez)
- Vázquez down once in round four
- Márquez deducted one point for low blows in round ten
- Márquez received an eight count in the final seconds of round twelve when only the ropes prevented him from being knocked down.
- Vazquez defends his Ring Magazine Jr. Featherweight world title.