James Toney vs. Charles Williams
Revision as of 18:10, 12 April 2012 by Sweetscientist
1994-07-29 : Charles Williams 167½ lbs lost to James Toney 168 lbs by KO at 2:45 in round 12 of 12
- Location: MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Joe Cortez
- Judge: Mike Glienna 103-105
- Judge: Art Lurie 102-106
- Judge: Stuart Winston 102-106
- International Boxing Federation Super Middleweight Title (Toney's 3rd defense)
- Toney had a point taken away in round eight for hitting after the bell to end the round.
- Toney's left eye had completely swelled shut.
- The fight was seen as one of the most exciting fights of the year and was a very even fight.
- Following Toney's KO Larry Merchant said "We are watching a great fighter"
- This win for Toney paved the way for his long anticipated fight with Roy Jones Jr.