Difference between revisions of "Jean Pascal vs. Bernard Hopkins (1st meeting)"
Revision as of 07:06, 19 May 2011
2010-12-18 : Jean Pascal 174¼ lbs drew with Bernard Hopkins 174½ lbs by MD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Pepsi Coliseum, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
- Referee: Michael Griffin
- Judge: Claude Paquette 113-113
- Judge: Daniel Van de Wiele 114-114
- Judge: Steve Morrow 112-114
- The Ring Light Heavyweight Title (1st defense of Pascal)
- WBC Light Heavyweight Title (4th defense of Pascal)
- IBO Light Heavyweight Title (1st defense of Pascal)
- Promoters: Golden Boy Promotions & GYM
- Aired on: Showtime
- Attendance: 16,500
In a high drama bout, Hopkins who was knocked down in rounds 1 and 3, mounted an inspiring comeback through the second two thirds of the fight as Pascal fought boldly in spots to hold his ground. At 45 years old, Hopkins attempted to become the oldest fighter in history to win a world title, but was officially held to even terms by the younger champion, Pascal.
- Hopkins down in round 1 from a right hand to the side of the head. Hopkins argued that he had been hit behind the head, but to no avail as referee Michael Griffin gave him a count of 8.
- Hopkins down again in round 3, this time from a left hook to the head.
Pascal vs. Dawson
| WBC Light Heavyweight Title Fight