Jean Pascal vs. Darnell Boone
Revision as of 17:36, 9 April 2008 by Emaster
2006-06-23 : Jean Pascal 168¾ lbs beat Darnell Boone 166¼ lbs by UD in round 10 of 10
- Location: Uniprix Stadium, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Referee: Michael Griffin
- Judge: Claude Paquette 100-90
- Judge: Pasquale Procopio 99-91
- Judge: Jack Woodburn 98-92
- Trans America Boxing Super Middleweight Title (Vacant title)
- Weights: Pascal 168.75 lbs, Boone 166.25 lbs
Aired on: ESPN2
- Pascal clearly was faster than Boone, but at the same time Boone was able to take the best that Pascal could dish out without generating so much as a knockdown; he did slip once during the fight, but it was the only time either fighter was even close to the canvas.
- Pascal injured his right bicep in round four.
- Boone was a late replacement for Henry Porras, who advised Pascal's team that he did not have the necessary paperwork to travel to Canada less than a week before the fight. Boone had three days' notice.
- Inaugural title fight for the newly created Trans America Boxing