Jean Pascal vs. Melroy Corbin
Revision as of 00:49, 16 March 2008 by Reenthelawman
2006-03-11 : Jean Pascal 172 lbs beat Melroy Corbin 178 lbs by TKO at 2:37 in round 5 of 8
- Location: Montreal Casino, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Referee: Gerry Bolen
- Judge: Robert Gay
- Judge: Jean Lapointe
- Judge: Benoit Roussel
- Time: 2:37
- Weights: Pascal 172 lbs, Corbin 178 lbs
- Corbin comes into this bout 5 lbs over the contract weight.
- After a fairly uneventful first round, Pascal completely dominates round 2, prompting Corbin to resort to dirty tactics. Corbin tries take down Pascal by grabing his leg and, a few seconds after the round has ended, while Pascal has his back turned and is walking back to his corner, Corbin throws and lands two hard shots to Pascal's midsection.
- Clearly annoyed with Corbin, Pascal proceeds to give him a severe beating over the next three rounds.
- Corbin's corner has seen enough during the fifth round and throws in the towel.
- Stunningly, after the fight is over, Corbin walks over to Pascal and asks for a rematch.