Jerzy Kulej (born: October 19, 1940 in Częstochowa, Poland – died: July 13, 2012 in Warsaw, Poland) was a Polish amateur boxer who won the Light Welterweight gold medal at the 1964 Tokyo Olympic Games and the 1968 Mexico City Olympic Games. Following his boxing career Kulej became an actor in Polish movies. He has subsequently become a politican and is a member of the Social Democratic Party of Poland. He was a member of the Polish parliament (Sejm) representing Warsaw from 2001-05. Also he was a boxing commentator for Polish TV station Polsat Sport. In December 2011, he suffered a massive heart attack. While in recovery, he learned that he suffered from an eye melanoma that was, in the end, the direct cause of his death in Warsaw on Jul 13, 2012 at the age of 71.
- 1st round bye
- Defeated Roberto Oscar Amaya (Argentina) 5-0
- Defeated Richard McTaggart (Great Britian) 4-1
- Defeated Iosif Mihalic (Romania) 4-1
- Defeated Eddie Blay (Ghana) 5-0
- Defeated Yegeny Frolov (Soviet Union) 5-0