Jesus Chavez vs. Michael Katsidis
Revision as of 03:24, 14 April 2009 by THE LATIN SNAKE
2009-04-04 : Michael Katsidis 135 lbs beat Jesus Chavez 136 lbs by TKO at 0:10 in round 8 of 10
- Location: Frank Erwin Center, Austin, Texas, USA
- Referee: Jon Schorle
- Judge: Rocky Burke
- Judge: Jennie Cardenas
- Judge: Levi Martinez
Aired On: HBO Pay-Per-View
- Jesús Chávez (44-4) 30 KOs vs. Michael Katsidis (24-2) 20 KOs
- Fight was on the undercard of Edwin Valero vs. Antonio Pitalua.
- Katsidis came in ranked as the # 8 lightweight in the world by The Ring Magazine. Chavez was unranked by the same publication.
- A clash of heads in Round 4 opened a cut on the hairline of Chavez.
- The doctor was called into the corner of Chavez following Round 5 to view the cut as it continued to bleed into his left eye throughout the round.
- Midway through Round 6 action was paused as it was discovered that Chavez did not have his mouthpiece.
- Following Round 7, the referee went to Chavez's corner to check on his condition as he was beginning to be hit more frequently by Katsidis. After speaking with the corner, he turned and waved an end to the bout. The official ruling was the the fight was stopped by the corner.