From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
Revision as of 07:19, 1 February 2013 by Elguapo427
Name: Jimmy Young
Died: 2005-02-20 (Age:56)
Nationality: US American
Hometown: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Height: 6′ 2″ / 188cm
Boxing Record: click
Trainer: George Benton
- Jimmy Young was a top-rated heavyweight contender during the 1970s.
- Fought Muhammad Ali for the World Heavyweight Championship in 1976. Ali won by a disputed fifteen-round unanimous decision.
- Defeated George Foreman by a twelve-round unanimous decision in March 1977. It was The Ring Fight of the Year.
- Lost a fifteen-round split decision to Ken Norton in November 1977. The fight was sanctioned by the WBC as a title eliminator.
- Named The Ring Comeback of the Year fighter for 1981.
- Sparring partner for Joe Frazier
- Named the 37th greatest heavyweight of all-time by The Ring in 1998.
- Died on February 20, 2005 from a heart attack.
- "The Champ Looked Like A Chump" May 10, 1976
- "Jeemy Young! Jeemy Young! Jeemy Young!" March 28, 1977
- "Win Some, Lose Some, Split the Rest" November 14, 1977