Joe Calzaghe vs. Jeff Lacy
Revision as of 12:14, 2 June 2012 by Slugger
2006-03-04 : Joe Calzaghe 168 lbs beat Jeff Lacy 167 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: M.E.N. Arena, Manchester, Lancashire, United Kingdom
- Referee: Raul Caiz Sr
- Judge: Nelson Vazquez 119-105
- Judge: Roy Francis 119-107
- Judge: Adalaide Byrd 119-107
- International Boxing Federation Super Middleweight Title (Lacy's 5th defense)
- World Boxing Organization Super Middleweight Title (Calzaghe's 18th defense)
- Promoter: Frank Warren
- Ring Announcer: Jimmy Lennon Jr.
- Aired On: Showtime, ITV
- The Unified Rules of Boxing applied
- Calzaghe dominated from the start, scoring a bloody nose in round one, a cut over the left eye in four, and a puff under the right eye after that.
- Lacy down in round twelve for the first time in his career.
- The bout was staged at 2:00 a.m. local time.
- Calzaghe had one point deducted in round eleven for punching round Lacy's back during a break.
- Calzaghe wins the vacant Ring Magazine super middleweight world title.
- Blows were: Calzaghe 351/948 37%, Lacy 116/444 26%.