Joe Calzaghe vs. Roy Jones Jr.
Revision as of 19:20, 11 February 2009 by JCSBoxing
2008-11-08 : Joe Calzaghe 174½ lbs beat Roy Jones Jr 174½ lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Madison Square Garden, New York, New York, USA
- Referee: Hubert Earle
- Judge: Julie Lederman 118-109
- Judge: Terry O'Connor 118-109
- Judge: Jerry Roth 118-109
- Ring Magazine Light Heavyweight Title (1st defense of Calzaghe)
- Weights: 174.5 lbs (each)
- Aired on: HBO Pay-Per-View
- Announcer: Michael Buffer
- The bout was originally scheduled for Sept. 20, 2008 but was postponed due to a Calzaghe wrist injury.
- Calzaghe knocked down in 1st round from a right shovel hook.
- Jones was cut over the left eye in the 7th round.