Revision as of 09:01, 29 December 2010 by Ric
- Retired following a controversial 15 round loss to world middleweight champion Emile Griffith.
- Owned land in Cape Coral, Florida in 1969.
- Tried his hand in the cattle business.
- Was a partner in two clubs in New York with his brother Jimmy Archer.
- Master boxer with limited power.
- Never made a comeback even though the Ring Magazine profiled him on their front cover in November 1968.
- Ended Sugar Ray Robinson's career.
- Inducted into the World Boxing Hall of Fame (2005)
- "Joey Archer....Missed Opportunity":