Joey Giardello vs. Billy Graham (2nd meeting)
1952-12-19 : Billy Graham 149 lbs lost to Joey Giardello 151¾ lbs by SD in round 10 of 10
- Location: Madison Square Garden, New York, New York, USA
- Referee: Ray Miller 4-5
- Judge: Joe Agnello 4-6
- Judge: Charley Shortell 7-3
"Giardello won the ten-round bout on a split-decision but New York commissioners Robert Christenberry and C B Powell altered the scorecard of judge Joe Agnello at the ringside, making Graham the winner." Giardello sued, and the New York State Supreme Court reversed the reversal the following February. The A-Z of World Boxing by Bert Blewett (1996) at p. 130. The original official scorecards were: Judge Agnello, 6-4 for Giardello; Referee Miller, 5-4-1 for Giardello; Judge Shortell 7-3 for Graham.
- Unofficial AP scorecard - 6-4 Graham
- Unofficial poll of 9 sportswriters had six voting for Graham, 1 scoring it for Giardello and 2 scoring it a draw.
- Attendance - 3,228
- Gate - $8,864
- This bout was nationally televised.