Name: Johnny Dundee
Alias: Scotch Wop
Birth Name: Giuseppe Carrora
Birthplace: Sciacca, Sicilia, Italy
Died: 1965-04-22 (Age:71)
Nationality: US American
Hometown: New York, New York, USA
Height: 5′ 4½″ / 164cm
Reach: 63″ / 160cm
Boxing Record: click
Managers: Scotty Monteith (1910-1920); James J. Johnston (1920-1929)
- Photo #2; Photo #3; Photo #4
- Former World Featherweight, Junior Lightweight Champion
- According to the 2003 book The Italian Stallions: Heroes of Boxing's Glory Days, Dundee was "the first of the great Italian-American fighters." He was followed by Tony Canzoneri, Primo Carnera, Willie Pep, Rocky Graziano, Rocky Marciano, Jake LaMotta, Carmen Basilio, and others.
- Around August 2, 1916, he was arrested and charged in New York with homicide, after a vehicle he was driving hit and killed a 13-year-old boy. The results of that prosecution are unknown at this time.
- He and Joe Welling engaged in the first main event under the 1920 Walker Law.
- Immigrated to US in 1898, naturalized in 1919.
- Fought a 4-round exhibition with Eddie Wallace on 1918-8-5 in Brooklyn, NY.
- Dundee's record in 1910 is uncertain. His fights in that year have not been verified from contemporary sources.