Name: John Riel Casimero
Alias: Quadro Alas
Birth Name: John Riel Reponte Casimero
Born: 1990-02-13 (Age:24)
Birthplace: Ormoc City, Leyte, Philippines
Hometown: Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines
Height: 5′ 4″ / 163cm
Boxing Record: click
Full Video Replay of the Lazarte-Casimero IBF Light Flyweight Interim World Championship Bout on YouTube including Postfight Riot
- Joel Riel Casimero versus Luis Alberto Lazarte IBF Title Bout in Argentina []
- Replay of ring riot only, runs three minutes []
IBF Light Flyweight Champion Johnriel Casimero
- Best known for being involved in a ring riot after winning the interim IBF Light Flyweight title over Luis Alberto Lazarte in Argentina in 2012.
- Casimero won the full version of the IBF World Light Flyweight championship in his next bout by 12 round split decision in 12 rounds over Pedro Guevara in Guevara's hometown of Matzatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico.
- Luis Alberto Lazarte was the loser in an interim IBF World Light Flyweight title bout with Filipino Johnriel Casimero in an IBF interim Light Flyweight title bout in 2012. Lazarte had been hit behind the head with an illegal blow from Casimero, and got a five minute rest period. The bout resumed with Casimero not penalized, and Lazarte went down three times in the ninth and tenth rounds as he apparently had not recovered from the illegal blow. Lazarte's corner threw later in the towel with Lazarte taking a beating on the ropes, forcing the stoppage by referee Eddie Claudio. Casimero won the full IBF World title in his next bout with Pedro Guevara. Partisan Argentine boxing fans then attacked Caminero's corner in the ring. Lazarte was penalized by the referee for repeatedly punching behind the head of Casimero, and for threatening the life of the referee during the bout Lazarate was subsequently banned from further IBF fights. []