Jose Luis Castillo vs. Diego Corrales (2nd meeting)
Revision as of 12:29, 8 June 2010 by Emaster
2005-10-08 : Jose Luis Castillo 138½ lbs beat Diego Corrales 135 lbs by KO at 0:47 in round 4 of 12
- Location: Thomas & Mack Center, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Joe Cortez
- Judge: Clark Sammartino 30-27
- Judge: Jerry Roth 30-27
- Judge: Nobuaki Uratani 29-27
- Time: 0:47
- Promoter: Gary Shaw Productions
- Doctors: Jeff Davidson, James Game, Albert Capanna, Todd Chapman
- Castillo failed to make weight, and a member of his team was fined and suspended for tampering with the scale.
- The fight was spectacular, with both fighters landing big shots.
- Castillo ended matters with a stunning left hook to the head early in the fourth round.
- Corrales got up on wobbly legs just as referee Joe Cortez reached the ten count.
- Corrales suffered a right eye lid cut in round three, as well as a right eye puff and a swollen nose.
- Blows: Castillo 98/166 59%, Corrales 69/147 47%.