Juan Diaz vs. Paul Malignaggi (2nd meeting)
Revision as of 16:31, 2 February 2012 by Nonoman
2009-12-12 : Juan Diaz 138½ lbs lost to Paul Malignaggi 138½ lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: UIC Pavilion, Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Referee: Genaro Rodriguez
- Judge: Mauro Di Fiore 111-116
- Judge: Tom Miller 111-116
- Judge: Michael Pernick 111-116
- NABO Light Welterweight Title
- Malignaggi combination opened up a cut over the left eye of Diaz in the second.
- A Malignaggi push or punch to Diaz' head caused Diaz' glove to touch the canvas in the tenth round. The referee called it a knockdown.
- Diaz coming forward aggressively throwing combinations, with Malignaggi jabbing and countering.
- Diaz more aggressive in rounds 3, 4, 5 and 12, winning these rounds, 7 appeared close.
- Malignaggi scoring consistently to win rounds 1, 2, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11.
- Best rounds of the fight: 8 and 12, featuring wild exchanges, Malignaggi landing while holding in the eighth, Diaz superior in the twelfth.
Galarza vs. Allotey
| NABO Light Welterweight Title Fight
Judah vs. Matthysse