Difference between revisions of "Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz (1st meeting)"
(New page: <fight>1373169</fight> '''Aired On:''' HBO World Championship Boxing (Main Event)<br> '''Time:''' 2:40<br> * '''World Boxing Organization Lightweight Title...)
Revision as of 06:10, 1 March 2009
2009-02-28 : Juan Manuel Marquez 134¼ lbs beat Juan Diaz 134½ lbs by TKO at 2:40 in round 9 of 12
- Location: Toyota Center, Houston, Texas, USA
- Referee: Rafael Ramos
- Judge: Levi Martinez 76-76
- Judge: Duane Ford 75-77
- Judge: Max DeLuca 77-75
Aired On: HBO World Championship Boxing (Main Event)
- World Boxing Organization Lightweight Title (Vacant)
- World Boxing Association Lightweight Title (Vacant)
- International Boxing Organization Lightweight Title (1st defense by Diaz)
- Juan Manuel Marquez came in ranked as the # 2 fighter pound-for-pound in the world by Ring Magazine. Juan Diaz came in as the # 1 ranked lightweight by the same publication.
- In the post-fight interview with HBO's Max Kellerman, Marquez said that he would like to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. since, his first choice, Manny Pacquiao said he was not interested in a third meeting. Either way, Marquez said he would likely move up in weight class for his next fight.