Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Likar Ramos
2011-07-16 : Juan Manuel Marquez 138 lbs beat Likar Ramos 140 lbs by TKO at 1:46 in round 1 of 10
- Location: Plaza de Toros, Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico
- Referee: Manolo Alcocer
- Judge: Isaac Barrios
- Judge: Marco Sandoval
- Judge: Luis Fitch
- Juan Manuel Marquez 52-5-1 (38 KOs) vs. Likar Ramos 24-3 (18 KOs)
- Marquez entered as the # 4 pound-for-pound boxer and the # 1 lightweight in the world according to The Ring Magazine. Ramos, a 30/1 betting underdog , was unranked by the same publication. 
- For Ramos, it was only his second time fighting outside his native Colombia as a professional. In his previous attempt in February of 2010, which too was in Mexico, he lost a via 7th Round KO to Jorge Solis.
- Among those in attendance were Julio Cesar Chavez, Lupe Pintor, Marco Antonio Barrera and Daniel Zaragoza.
A decent straight right hand caught Ramos on the chin and sent him stumbling back, down and apparently out. Seeing Ramos flat on his back and motionless with his eyes closed the referee immediately waived an end to the bout.
"Gotta be honest, that did NOT look like a knockout punch that would do such damage. Just did not look that bad. Just being honest... Who stumbles like that and then goes out cold? Seriously? It was almost like Ramos squeezed his eyes shut. When guys get KO'd COLD like he seemed to be it's because they hit their head. He didn't... A knockdown on that punch? Sure. Even a KO? Maybe. But out cold, didn't hit head, NO movement, eyes shut tightly? NO WAY. Just being honest." - ESPN's Dan Rafael