Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Manny Pacquiao (1st meeting)
2004-05-08 : Manny Pacquiao 125 lbs drew with Juan Manuel Marquez 125 lbs by SD in round 12 of 12
- Location: MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Joe Cortez
- Judge: John Stewart 115-110
- Judge: Burt A. Clements 113-113
- Judge: Guy Jutras 110-115
Aired On: HBO World Championship Boxing (Main Event)
- World Boxing Association Featherweight Title (1st defending of Marquez)
- International Boxing Federation Featherweight Title (2nd defending of Marquez)
- Marquez down three times in the first round.
- Marquez was bleeding heavily from the nose following Round 1.
- Judge John Stewart called the bout 115-110 for Pacquiao. Guy Jutras had it 115-110 for Marquez. Clements scored the fight 113-113, making it a draw, but Pacquiao would have won had he scored the first round 10-6.
- Pacquiao defended his Ring Magazine featherweight world title.
Kevin Iole; Las Vegas Review-Journal Sunday, May 09, 2004
Dan Rafael, USA TODAY Updated 5/9/2004 1:49 AM
Photocopy of Scorecards provided by FightNews.com
Michael Katz, The New York Times May 10, 2004