Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Serhiy Fedchenko
2012-04-14 : Juan Manuel Marquez 140 lbs beat Serhiy Fedchenko 138½ lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Arena Ciudad de Mexico, Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
- Referee: Benjy Esteves Jr.
- Judge: Steve Weisfeld 118-110
- Judge: Alejandro Lopez Cid 118-110
- Judge: Rafael Isenia 119-109
- Juan Manuel Marquez 53-6-1 (39 KOs) vs. Serhiy Fedchenko 30-1 (13 KOs)
- Marquez entered as the # 6 fighter pound-for-pound according to the The Ring Magazine. Marquez also held The Ring Magazine title at lightweight. Fedchenko, a 14/1 beting underdog, was unranked by the same publication.  
Fedchenko looked to keep Marquez at a distance and work with his jab and straight right. Marquez, the stronger of the two, worked his way in with a jab and threw combinations with moderate success. A nick opened on the side of Marquez's nose in Round 1. Marquez found success working to the body in Rounds 3 and 4 as Fedchenko stayed mostly on the outside and jabbed. Marquez landed with increasing frequency in Round 5, highlighted by a good straight right. Marquez continued to pile up rounds through the middle of the fight outworking and outlanding Fedchenko. Round 10 was a big one for Marquez. He seemed to have Fedchenko hurt in the final minute of the round, a result of several power shots. Fedchenko, who still landed the occasional jab, was warned in Round 11 for pressing down on the back of Marquez's neck.