Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs. Sebastian Zbik
Revision as of 03:12, 20 March 2012 by Slugger
2011-06-04 : Julio Cesar Chavez Jr 160 lbs beat Sebastian Zbik 158¾ lbs by MD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Staples Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
- Referee: Jack Reiss
- Judge: John Keane 116-112
- Judge: Raul Caiz Jr 115-113
- Judge: Steve Morrow 114-114
- World Boxing Council Middleweight Title (1st defense by Zbik)
- Promoter: Top Rank
- Aired On: HBO Boxing After Dark (Main Event)
- In a very entertaining slugfest, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr defeated Sebastian Zbik by majority decision.
- Zbik controlled the early rounds by outpunching and outmaneuvering Chavez through the first four rounds. Chavez started fighting back in the fifth round and started hitting Zibk with some body shots, but it was back and forth until the seventh round. Chavez then rallied back and started taking over the later rounds and unleashed a body assault in the the tenth and eleventh rounds, leaving Zbik barely able to get back to his corner. During the twelfth round Zbik came back with a mild flurry of punches but was once again overtaken by Chavez.
- According to Compubox' punchstats, Zbik outlanded Chavez in every round except the 7th and 11th.