Lamont Peterson vs. John Brown
Revision as of 23:40, 26 May 2007 by Sweetscientist
2007-05-25 : DC Armory, Washington DC, USA : Lamont Peterson defeated John Brown by TKO in round 8 of 12
- Lamont Peterson (20-0-0 8KOs)
- John Brown (23-13-2 11KOs)
Weight: 140 1/2 lbs
Trainer: Eddie Mustafa Muhammad
- John Brown took the fight on two days notice.
- Prior to the fight, Peterson ranked as the WBA #6 and WBC #19 fighter at 140lbs. (ESPN)
- Peterson landed 101 of 135 body shots. (ESPN)
- Referee Kenny Chevalier stopped the fight 28 seconds into the 8th Round. He actually fell when first attempting to stop the fight, but eventually did get to his feet and call a halt to the one-sided bout.