Lucian Bute vs. Fulgencio Zuniga
Revision as of 14:16, 8 June 2010 by Emaster
2009-03-13 : Lucian Bute 167½ lbs beat Fulgencio Zuniga 167¾ lbs by TKO at 2:25 in round 4 of 12
- Location: Bell Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Referee: Lindsey Page
- Judge: Claude Paquette
- Judge: Pasquale Procopio
- Judge: Eugene Grant
- International Boxing Federation Super Middleweight Title (Bute's 3rd defense)
- Time: 2:25
- Attendance: 12,153
- Aired on: ShoBox: The New Generation
- The Zuniga camp threatened to pull out in the days leading up to the fight if Marlon Wright was named as the referee for the fight, feeling that he had helped Bute in his fight with Librado Andrade in October 2008. The Bute camp agreed to the request, hence the IBF and the Quebec commission designated Lindsey Page to referee the bout.
- After gradually upping the pace during the first three rounds, Bute goes on a full scale offensive in round 4. After a few combinations find the mark, Bute catches Zuniga with a left hook to the body that sends him to the canvas. Zuinga rises at the count of 8 and referee Page comes to the conclusion that he can continue.
- As the fight resumes, Bute immediately unleashes a barrage of 23 punches that force the referee to call a halt to the bout.
- Librado Andrade was ringside for the fight.
- Blows: Bute 109/200 55%; Zuniga 29/151 19%.
Bute vs. Andrade I
| IBF Super Middleweight Title Fight
Bute vs. Andrade II