Lucian Bute vs. James Obede Toney
Revision as of 06:23, 18 March 2008 by Reenthelawman
2006-09-15 : Lucian Bute 167¼ lbs beat James Obede Toney 166¾ lbs by TKO at 2:49 in round 8 of 12
- Location: Bell Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Referee: Michael Griffin
- Judge: George DeGabriel 70-62
- Judge: Jack Woodburn 70-62
- Judge: Steve Weisfeld 70-62
- NABF Super Middleweight Title (1st defense of Bute)
- NABA Super Middleweight Title (4th defense of Bute)
- WBC Continental Americas Super Middleweight Title (2nd defense of Bute)
- Time: 2:49
- Weights: Bute 167.25 lbs, Toney 166.75 lbs
- In the fourth round, Bute backed Toney against the ropes and unleashed a long barrage of unanswered punches. Referee Michael Griffin was prepared to jump in and stop the fight, but the bell saved Toney.
- An accidental clash of heads opened up a gash over Bute's right eye in the 6th round.
- In the 8th round, Bute cornered Toney and threw in excess of sixty unanswered punches, forcing the referee to stop the fight.