Malcolm Klassen vs. Robert Guerrero
Revision as of 02:32, 2 August 2010 by Emaster
2009-08-22 : Robert Guerrero 130 lbs beat Malcolm Klassen 129¼ lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Toyota Center, Houston, Texas, USA
- Referee: Jon Schorle
- Judge: Charles Phillips 117-111
- Judge: Luis Rivera 116-112
- Judge: Isaac Tshabalala 116-113
Aired On: HBO Boxing After Dark
- International Boxing Federation Super Featherweight Title (Klassen 1st defense)
- Malcolm Klassen 24-4-2 (15 KOs) vs. Robert Guerrero 24-1-1 (17 KOs)
- Fight was on the undercard of Juan Diaz vs. Paul Malignaggi (1st meeting).
- Klassen, a 1.55-1 underdog, entered as the # 2 junior lightweight in the world according to The Ring Magazine. Guerrero was ranked # 8 by the same publication.
- The broadcast included a seven-minute tribute to late world champions Alexis Arguello, Arturo Gatti and Vernon Forrest. All three died tragically in July.
- Klassen, who was making his US debut, came in having won his five previous bouts all by knockout. Guerrero, apart from two no-contests, had won eight consecutive bouts, each by knockout.
- CompuBox Stats: Blows: Guerrero 200/1200 17%; Klassen 143/518 28%.