Manny Pacquiao vs. Erik Morales (3rd meeting)
2006-11-18 : Manny Pacquiao 129 lbs beat Erik Morales 129 lbs by KO at 2:57 in round 3 of 12
- Location: Thomas & Mack Center, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Vic Drakulich
- Judge: Guido Cavalleri
- Judge: Glenn Trowbridge
- Judge: Duane Ford
- WBC International Super Featherweight Title (3rd. defending of Pacquiao)
- Time: 2:57
- Weights: 129 lbs / 58,4 kg (each)
- Morales down once in the 2nd and twice more in the 3rd round.
- By winning, Pacquiao became the WBC 130 lb number 1 contender and is first in line to get an immediate chance to fight Marco Antonio Barrera. However, Larry Merchant mentioned on the air how a legal battle will likely ensue over Manny Pacquiao, with both Golden Boy Promotions and Top Rank claiming they are the rightful promoter of Pacquiao. The matter is complicated as Pacquiao signed a contract with Golden Boy in the last month, and received a 500,000 dollar bonus, but later changed his mind and returned the bonus. Since Golden Boy promotions is the promoter of Marco Antonio Barrera, the complications of this situation may take a Pacquiao-Barrera fight out of the forseeable future.
- Morales was a 2-to-1 underdog going into the bout .