Manny Pacquiao vs. Joshua Clottey
Revision as of 21:33, 13 March 2010 by Sweetscientist
2010-03-13 : Manny Pacquiao 145¾ lbs beat Joshua Clottey 147 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Cowboys Stadium, Arlington, Texas, USA
- Referee: Rafael Ramos
- Judge: Levi Martinez 119-109
- Judge: Nelson Vazquez 119-109
- Judge: Duane Ford 120-108
Aired on: HBO Pay-Per-View (Main Event)
- World Boxing Organization Welterweight Title (1st defense by Pacquiao)
- Manny Pacquiao 50-3-2 (38 KOs) vs. Joshua Clottey 35-3 (20 KOs)
- Pacquiao entered ranked as the # 1 fighter pound-for-pound in the world and the # 1 welterweight according to The Ring Magazine. Clottey, a 5-1 underdog, entered ranked as the # 5 welterweight by the same publication.
- The fight was the first to be held at the new Cowboy Stadium which opened May 27, 2009. The official crowd was reported to be 50,994.
- This bout, labeled "The Event", came together after the super-fight between Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. fell through due to disputes over the type of drug testing that would take place leading up the fight.
- Due to his normal trainer being unable to secure a visa to enter the United States, for the first time Clottey was trained by Lenny DeJesus