Manny Pacquiao vs. Marco Antonio Barrera (2nd meeting)
Revision as of 02:19, 25 March 2008 by JPRichardson
2007-10-06 : Manny Pacquiao 130 lbs beat Marco Antonio Barrera 130 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Mandalay Bay Hotel & Casino, Mandalay Bay Events Center, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Tony Weeks
- Judge: Jerry Roth 118-109
- Judge: Glenn Trowbridge 118-109
- Judge: Tom Schreck 115-112
- WBC International Super Featherweight Title (5th defense by Pacquiao)
- Weights: 130 lbs (each)
- Promoters: Oscar De La Hoya: Golden Boy Promotions, Bob Arum: Top Rank
- Pacquiao hardly outworked Barrera, as Barrera's plan was to keep the fight tactical. Several rounds could have gone either way.
- Pacquiao was stunend several tiomes during the fight, while Barrera never looked like being in trouble.
- Barrera sustained a cut under his right eye derived from a headbutt in roudn eleven.
- Barrera was deducted a point for hitting after the break at the end of the same round.