Marcos Rene Maidana vs. Victor Ortiz
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
Revision as of 09:07, 18 March 2013 by Candrew
2009-06-27 : Marcos Rene Maidana 140 lbs beat Victor Ortiz 139¾ lbs by TKO at 0:46 in round 6 of 12
- Location: Staples Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
- Referee: Raul Caiz Sr
- Judge: David Mendoza 45-48
- Judge: Marty Denkin 45-48
- Judge: Cesar Ramos 45-48
- Interim WBA World Light Welterweight Title (vacant)
- Marcos Rene Maidana 25-1 (24 KOs) vs. Victor Ortiz 24-1-1 (19 KOs)
- Maidana entered as the WBA # 2 light welterweight contender, while Ortiz entered as the WBA # 3 light welterweight contender.
- Maidana down once in rd 1 & twice in rd 2. Ortiz also down in rd 1 & once in 6th.
- Bout stopped by the ringside physician due to a severe cut over Ortiz's right eye. (Ortiz also had swelling under the left eye.)
- Maidana threw 293 punches, connecting on 66, while Ortiz threw 177 punches, connecting on 74.
- Televised on HBO's "Boxing After Dark" program.