Mario César Kindelán Mesa (born 10 August 1971 in Holgu) is a former amateur boxer from Cuba, who competed in the Lightweight Category. Kindelan retired in May 2005, after he was defeated by Amir Khan in a rematch in Bolton, England (19-13).
- 1998 World Cup Champion
- 1999 Pan-American Games Champion
- 1999 World Champion
- 2000 Olympic Gold Medalist
- 2001 World Champion
- 2003 World Champion
- 2003 Pan-American Games Champion
- 2004 Olympic Gold Medalist
In 1999, he was named as one of the top ten athletes in Cuba, and was named boxer of the year.
World amateur championships
2003 (as a lightweight)
- Defeated Boris Georgiev (Bulgaria) RSC 4
- Defeated Stephen Burke (England) RSC 3
- Defeated Jong Sub-Baik (South Korea) 30-14
- Defeated Gyula Kate (Hungary) 24-12
- Defeated Pichai Sayotha (Thailand) 45-27
2000 (as a lightweight)
- 1st round bye
- Defeated Pongsit Wiangviset (Thailand) 14-8
- Defeated Tigran Ouzlian (Greece) RSC 4
- Defeated Alexandr Maletin (Russia) 27-15
- Defeated Andriy Kotelnik (Ukraine) 14-4 in the Gold Medal match.
2004 (as a lightweight)