Revision as of 10:58, 20 April 2013 by Boxsoup
Name: Marvis Frazier
Birthplace: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Hometown: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Height: 6′ 0½″ / 184cm
Reach: 76″ / 193cm
Boxing Record: click
Trainer: Joe Frazier
- Amateur Record: 56-2
- Outpointed Tony Tubbs on May 18, 1979.
- Outpointed Tim Witherspoon on February 9, 1980. Frazier scored a knockdown in the first round.
- 1979 Pennsylvania State Golden Gloves Heavyweight Champion. Defeated Ed Bednarik in the final (TKO 2).
- 1979 National Golden Gloves Heavyweight Champion. Defeated Philipp Brown in the final (W 3).
- 1979 Under-19 World Heavyweight Champion. Defeated Olaf Mayer in the final (KO 2).
- 1980 Muhammad Ali Amateur Boxing Club vs. Joe Frazier Amateur Boxing Club. Lost to Tony Tubbs (L 3).
- 1980 National AAU Heavyweight Champion. Defeated Chris McDonald in the final (W 3).
- 1980 Olympic Trials Heavyweight Semifinalist. Results:
- Turned professional on September 12, 1980 with a third-round TKO of Roger Troupe.
- Inactive in 1982 due to viral hepatitis.
- Defeated James Broad by a ten-round unanimous decision on April 10, 1983, avenging his last amateur loss.
- Fought WBC Heavyweight Champion Larry Holmes on November 25, 1983. The WBC refused to sanction the fight because Frazier was not ranked in the top ten. Frazier, who was 10-0 with 6 KOs, was a 4½-1 underdog. Holmes won by a first-round TKO.
- Defeated future WBA Heavyweight Champion James (Bonecrusher) Smith by a ten-round unanimous decision on February 23, 1986.
- Knocked out in thirty seconds by Mike Tyson on July 26, 1986.
- Son of former World Heavyweight Champion Joe Frazier.
- Brother Joe Frazier Jr. (a.k.a Hector Frazier), sister Jacqui Frazier-Lyde, and cousin Rodney Frazier were professional boxers.
- Trained his brother Joe Jr. and his sister Jacqui.
- Ordained a Pentecostal minister in 1994.
- Active participant in Prison Fellowship. It is a "Christian prison ministry founded by Chuck Colson to evangelize prisoners and restore families through faith-based reentry programs."
- Runs the family limousine business.