Merqui Sosa vs. Thomas Tate
Revision as of 18:55, 18 July 2009 by Ric
1999-01-15 : Thomas Tate 166 lbs beat Merqui Sosa 168 lbs by KO at 2:30 in round 10 of 12
- Location: Orleans Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Mitch Halpern
- Judge: Rex Walker
- Judge: Al Siciliano
- Judge: Art Lurie
- NABF Super Middleweight Title (3rd defense of Tate)
- Time: 2:30
- Weights: Tate 166 lbs, Sosa 168 lbs
- Sosa down in rounds six and seven.
- Halpren stopped the bout at the four count, after the knockdown in round ten.
- Scorecards at the time of stoppage were even, one point up, and two points up, both for Tate.
- Tate was cut over the left eye during the fight.
- ESPN reported the blows for rounds 1 to 7,plus 9 as Sosa 176/334 53%, Tate 82/ 333 25%.
Tate vs. Davis
| NABF Super Middleweight Title Fight
Carver vs. James