Name: Michael Nunn
Alias: Second To
Birth Name: Michael John Nunn
Birthplace: Davenport, Iowa, USA
Nationality: US American
Hometown: Davenport, Iowa, USA
Height: 6′ 1″ / 185cm
Reach: 77″ / 196cm
Boxing Record: click
Michael Nunn Photo Gallery
- Amateur record of 168-8
- Lost a 4-1 decision to Virgil Hill at the 1984 Olympic Trials in Fort Worth, Texas. Nunn then defeated Hill by a 5-0 decision in the first Box-Off in Las Vegas, Nevada. In the third and deciding bout, Hill scored a first-round knockdown on his way to a 5-0 decision win. Hill went on to win the Olympic Silver Medal at 165 lbs.
- 1982 Iowa Golden Gloves Champion 147 pounds
- 1983 Iowa Golden Gloves Champion 156 pounds
- 1984 Iowa Golden Gloves Champion 165 pounds
- California State Middleweight Champion
- NABF Middleweight Champion
- IBF Middleweight Champion
- NABF Super Middleweight Champion
- WBA Super Middleweight Champion
- NABO Super Middleweight Champion
- NABF Light Heavyweight Champion
- Recipient of The Ring Progress of the Year Award for 1988.
- KO Magazine Fighter of the Year for 1988.
- In January 2004, Nunn was sentenced to more than 24 years in prison for buying two pounds of cocaine from an undercover agent in August 2002. He pleaded guilty to one charge of conspiracy to distribute cocaine. During sentencing hearings, witnesses testified about Nunn's drug activity dating as far back as 1993.
- At the WBC's 45th annual convention, held at Manila, Philippines in November of 2007, it was announced that "a plan to help two weight world champion Michael Nunn, who is incarcerated and in desperate need of help, will be studied and presented."
- Interview from prison
| IBF Middleweight Champion
1988 Jul 28 – 1991 May 10
| WBA Super Middleweight Champion
1992 Sep 12 – 1994 Feb 26