Michael Nunn vs. James Toney
Revision as of 09:07, 18 January 2012 by Slugger
1991-05-10 : Michael Nunn 160 lbs lost to James Toney 157 lbs by TKO at 2:14 in round 11 of 12
- Location: John O'Donnell Stadium, Davenport, Iowa, USA
- Referee: Dennis Nelson
- Judge: Gary Merritt 97-93
- Judge: Bob Watson 99-91
- Judge: Dalby Shirley 98-92
- Toney angered Nunn with constant trash talk, and Nunn promised to give him a beating. Nunn dominated the fight early on with flowing combinations and amazing hand speed. But Toney kept coming, and as Nunn's punch numbers started to decline, Toney started to take control of the fight. In the 11th round Toney landed a colossal left hook on Nunn, and Nunn went down. Nunn rose, but after continued battering by Toney, the referee stopped the fight.
- Toney was ranked #5 IBF Middleweight contender.
Nunn vs. Curry
| IBF Middleweight Title Fight
Toney vs. Johnson