Michael Nunn vs. Sumbu Kalambay
1989-03-25 : Michael Nunn 160 lbs beat Sumbu Kalambay 159 lbs by KO at 1:28 in round 1 of 12
- Location: Hilton Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Richard Steele
- Judge: Chuck Giampa
- Judge: Bernie Cormier
- Judge: Walter Cavalieri
- Nunn was a 5 to 1 favorite.
- The fight was originally to be a unification match between IBF champion Nunn and WBA champion Kalambay, but the WBA stripped Kalambay for choosing to fight Nunn instead of Herol Graham, the WBA's mandatory challenger.
- Nunn's purse was $1.1 million and Kalambay got $400,000.
- Nunn scored a one-punch knockout with a left to the chin of Kalambay. It was the only knockout loss of Kalambay's career.
- The fight was named The Ring Magazine Knockout of the Year.
Nunn vs. Roldan
| IBF Middleweight Title Fight
Nunn vs. Barkley