Micky Ward vs. Emanuel Burton
Revision as of 21:25, 1 February 2009 by Drdatabox
- ESPN reported the blows as Augustus 421/918 46%; Ward 320/1182 27%. Augustus led in power blows 386 to 314.
- Data Boxing Stats: Controls-Burton 80, mostly countering off the ropes, Ward 78, almost all aggressive attacks. The 226 Events Per Round (Attempts + Controls) is one of the five busiest bouts recorded, with Ward having a 56-44% dominance.
- Commentator Teddy Atlas called it a draw.
- Burton was down in Round 9, from a left hook to the body. Ward hit him while down with a right to the head.
- Fight was named Ring Magazine Fight of the Year.