Miguel Angel Cotto vs. Manny Pacquiao
Revision as of 21:53, 14 November 2009 by Reenthelawman
2009-11-14 : Manny Pacquiao 144 lbs beat Miguel Cotto 145 lbs by TKO at 0:55 in round 12 of 12
- Location: MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Kenny Bayless
- Judge: Adalaide Byrd 109-99
- Judge: Duane Ford 108-99
- Judge: Dave Moretti 108-100
- WBO Welterweight Title (2nd defense of Cotto)
- Time: 0:55
- The WBC Board of Governors unanimously voted in late August that this bout will be for the inaugural "WBC Diamond Belt."
- Pacquiao dropped Cotto with a right hand early in the third round.
- Cotto down again in round 4, this time from a big left hand as he was advancing forward .
- The referee stops the fight with 2:05 left in round 12 when he is of the view that Cotto is no longer fighting back.
- With this win, Pacquiao wins a 7th title in a 7th weight class.