From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
Revision as of 21:17, 13 January 2011 by Fasan
- After his active boxing career ended, he became a boxing instructor at the New York Athletic Club.
- He taught United States President Teddy Roosevelt and his sons how to box.
- Also said to have been 73-years-old when he died.
- His will indicated that his last name was actually O'Donovan.
- His silver championship belt was bequeathed to his son, Arthur Donovan, who was in the 105th Field Artillery at Spartanburg, North Carolina, at the time.
- His also had a daughter, Katherine, and another son, Henry.