Mike Tyson vs. Evander Holyfield (1st meeting)
1996-11-09 : Mike Tyson 222 lbs lost to Evander Holyfield 215 lbs by TKO at 0:37 in round 11 of 12
- Location: MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Mitch Halpern
- Judge: Dalby Shirley 92-96
- Judge: Frederico Vollmer 93-100
- Judge: Jerry Roth 92-96
- World Boxing Association Heavyweight Title
- Time: 0:37
- Weights: Tyson 222 lbs, Holyfield 215 lbs
- Named The Ring magazine Fight of the Year and Upset of the Year for 1996.
- Tyson down in the sixth round
- See also, Evander Holyfield vs. Mike Tyson (2nd meeting)
- First major boxing pay-per-view promotion in the twenty year television career of Showtime's executive producer Jay Larkin
The fight Holyfield vs Tyson was to have taken place on two separate occasions in 1990 and 1991. The 19900 date fell through due to Tyson's upset loss to Buster Douglas. The 1991 scheduled match didn�t take place, due to Tyson hurting his hip during a work-out.