Nonito Donaire vs. Luis Maldonado
Revision as of 12:12, 4 March 2008 by Emaster
2007-12-01 : Nonito Donaire 111 lbs beat Luis Maldonado 111 lbs by TKO at 1:16 in round 8 of 12
- Location: Foxwoods Resort, Mashantucket, Connecticut, USA
- Referee: Charles Dwyer
- Judge: Clark Sammartino 70-62
- Judge: George Smith 70-62
- Judge: Don Trella 69-63
- International Boxing Federation Flyweight Title (1st defense by Donaire)
- International Boxing Organization Flyweight Title (1st defense by Donaire)
- Time: 1:16
- Weights: 111 lbs (each)
- Aired on: Showtime Championship Boxing
- Maldonado's right eye was cut in round two, his left in round seven.
- Maldonado down in round seven from two left hooks to the head. A barrage brought the stoppage.