Nonito Donaire vs. Omar Andres Narvaez
Revision as of 11:21, 25 October 2011 by Slugger
2011-10-22 : Nonito Donaire 116½ lbs beat Omar Andres Narvaez 117 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Madison Square Garden WaMu Theater, New York, New York, USA
- Referee: Benjy Esteves Jr.
- Judge: Julie Lederman 120-108
- Judge: Tom Schreck 120-108
- Judge: Steve Weisfeld 120-108
- World Boxing Council Bantamweight Title (1st defense by Donaire)
- World Boxing Organization Bantamweight Title (1st defense by Donaire)
- Promoter: Top Rank
- Aired on: HBO Boxing After Dark
- Ring Announcer: Michael Buffer
- Donaire entered as the # 4 pound-for-pound fighter and the # 1 bantamweight in the world according to The Ring Magazine. Narvaez entered as the # 1 super flyweight by the same publication.
- Donaire is getting $725,000 guaranteed purse (excluding television rights royalties) - the biggest paycheck of his career. Bob Arum said the Narvaez will get $250,000.