Oscar De La Hoya vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Revision as of 07:09, 2 March 2007 by THE LATIN SNAKE
2007-05-05 : Floyd Mayweather Jr 150 lbs beat Oscar De La Hoya 154 lbs by SD in round 12 of 12
- Location: MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Kenny Bayless
- Judge: Chuck Giampa 116-112
- Judge: Jerry Roth 115-113
- Judge: Tom Kaczmarek 113-115
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. says this will be his last fight.
- De La Hoya selected Freddie Roach as his trainer for this bout instead of Floyd Mayweather Sr.
- Mayweather will make his debut at junior middleweight
- De La Hoya will make $25 Million & Mayweather $10 Million (The biggest payday in boxing history for 2 fighters in one bout.)
- Ticket Sold out in 3 hours & the tickets from $150-$350 were sold out in less then 45mins. Making ($19 Million in just tickets)
- Mayweather will be stripped of his WBC Welterweight belt win or lose and Shane Mosley will be upgraded to full status champion