Oscar De La Hoya vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Revision as of 15:53, 8 March 2007 by Mrboxing2007
2007-05-05 : Floyd Mayweather Jr 150 lbs beat Oscar De La Hoya 154 lbs by SD in round 12 of 12
- Location: MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Kenny Bayless
- Judge: Chuck Giampa 116-112
- Judge: Jerry Roth 115-113
- Judge: Tom Kaczmarek 113-115
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. says this will be his last fight.
- De La Hoya selected Freddie Roach as his trainer for this bout instead of Floyd Mayweather Sr.
- De La Hoya's WBC junior middleweight title will be on the line
- Mayweather will make his debut at junior middleweight
- De La Hoya will make $25 Million & Mayweather $10 Million (The biggest payday in boxing history for 2 fighters in one bout.)
- Tickets sold out in 3 hours & the tickets from $150-$350 were sold out in less then 45mins. Making ($19 Million in just tickets)
- Mayweather will be stripped of his WBC Welterweight belt win or lose and Shane Mosley will be upgraded to full status champion if Mayweather does not fight Mosley immedately after De La Hoya