Oscar De La Hoya vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
2007-05-05 : Floyd Mayweather Jr 150 lbs beat Oscar De La Hoya 154 lbs by SD in round 12 of 12
- Location: MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Kenny Bayless
- Judge: Chuck Giampa 116-112
- Judge: Jerry Roth 115-113
- Judge: Tom Kaczmarek 113-115
- World Boxing Council Light Middleweight Title (De La Hoya defending)
- Referee: -
- Judges: -
- Weights: -
- Commission: Nevada Athletic Commission
- Promoter: Golden Boy Promotions
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. says this will be his last fight.
- De La Hoya selected Freddie Roach as his trainer for this bout instead of Floyd Mayweather Sr.
- Mayweather will make his debut at junior middleweight
- De La Hoya will make $25 Million & Mayweather $10 Million (The second biggest payday in boxing history for 2 fighters in one bout. The biggest ever was Mike_Tyson_vs._Evander_Holyfield_(2nd_meeting))
- Tickets sold out in 3 hours & the tickets from $150-$350 were sold out in less then 45mins. Making ($19 Million in just tickets)
- Mayweather will be stripped of his WBC Welterweight belt win or lose to De La Hoya and Shane Mosley will be upgraded to full status champion if Mayweather does not fight Mosley immedately after.